COVID-19 Update: New Campus Testing Site
Vice President for Student Affairs | September 20, 2021
Dear Faculty, Staff and Students,
New COVID-19 Testing Site
A NEW COVID-19 TESTING SITE is available on the San Marcos Campus at the LBJ STUDENT CENTER next to the bus stop—NO APPOINTMENT NEEDED. Testing is available Monday-Friday, 9am-4pm. Just bring your Texas State ID, driver’s license and health insurance card. You do not have to have health insurance to be tested. This testing site was previously at the Student Recreation Center.
An estimated 40% of persons infected with COVID-19 will have no symptoms and spread infection without knowing it. Even vaccinated persons can become infected. The Delta variant is highly contagious but often causes only mild symptoms like a cold or allergies.
TO PROTECT EACH OTHER, we should GET A COVID-19 TEST:
- Recommended every 2 weeks regardless of vaccination status
- When you receive a university test notice
- When you have symptoms of a cold or allergies
- After higher risk activities like going to bars, traveling on planes, attending crowded social events
- When exposed to someone with COVID-19
For more information about COVID-19 testing sites on or near Texas State campuses, check Texas State COVID-19 Testing.
For more information about COVID-19 vaccinations, check Texas State University COVID-19 Vaccination.
Let’s Vaccinate, Mask Up and Get the Test!