Additional Roadmap Resources
University News Service | July 10, 2020
Texas State Community,
As we plan for a return to face-to-face instruction this fall, we are continuously adding resources to the Roadmap to Return to provide our Bobcat community with the information you need to feel safe returning to our campuses. This week, we want to share some of those recent additions with you.
We are lucky to have health experts on our campuses who have guided and informed our decision making process since day one. This week, we added new videos from our TXST experts to the Roadmap to Return.
- Dr. Emilio Carranco explains the 10 Guiding Principles for Health, Safety and Wellness
- Mr. Tom Shewan illustrates the cleaning and disinfecting measures taking place on our campuses
- Dr. Rodney Rohde demonstrates the effectiveness of face coverings
Remote Study Tips
Last week, we announced that nearly all summer II classes would be held online. The Office of Distance and Extended Learning has provided the following Tips for Remote Learning for our students enrolled in summer II courses. More detailed information on each of these strategies can be found on the Student Information page in the Roadmap.
- Practice good writing
- Schedule study times
- Create a dedicated study space
- Set daily and weekly goals
- Discuss remote learning commitments with family and friends
Social Distancing Measures
We recently added more information to the Roadmap about the several social distancing measures in place on our campuses, such as
- Adjusted room capacity
- Furniture reconfiguration
- Transportation changes
- Procedures for doorways, elevators, and high traffic areas
Updated Employee Resources
For accessibility purposes, content from what was previously the downloadable PDF “Employee Guide to a Healthy & Safe Workplace” has been published on the Employee Information page and other applicable areas of the Roadmap website. The following are just some of the many resources available for employees in the Roadmap.
- Information on requesting modifications
- Procedures for reporting cases of COVID-19
- Guidance for supervisors
- Employee wellness resources