TEDx speakers to explore theme of “Truth(s)” at Texas State
Texas State University will host a TEDx event with the theme of “Truth(s)” on Saturday, Feb. 15.
The speaker seminar will be held 9 a.m.-4 p.m. in the Performing Arts Center. The event is part of Texas State’s 2019-2020 Common Experience theme on Truth.
TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. The 2020 TEDxTexasStateUniversity theme challenges individuals to embrace their personal truths, seek truth, question the uncritical acceptance of truth, and realize that they live in a world of multiple truths. Speakers will share ideas about truth(s) from a variety of fields and perspectives including technology, health, arts and humanities, science and daily life.
Scheduled speakers include:
- Cassandra LeClair, senior lecturer in the Department of Communication Studies
- Hector Ruiz, CEO of Advanced Nano Technology Solutions, Inc.
- Erin Cargile, KXAN investigative reporter
- Maria Tahir, sociology graduate student at Texas State
- Russell Lang, associate professor of special education and executive director of Texas State’s Clinic for Autism Research Evaluation and Support
- Rachel Runnels, communication and sociology graduate student at Abilene Christian University
- Mueni Rudd, social work graduate student at Texas State
- Kayli Head, foral artist and owner of the Bloom Bar
- Jessica Soukup, systems analyst for Texas State’s Division of Student Affairs
- Ray Fisk, professor of marketing
The event will also feature entertainment from Texas State students and the opportunity to discuss and share with others in the community.